Biedronka has changed the opening hours of its stores. They are now open from 6 AM to midnight. In the pre-Easter week, i.e. between April 7 and 10, the stores will be open around the clock. The company argues that customers need to have an opportunity to buy food and other basic goods. The extended opening hours are necessary as a result of the new restrictions, which include limiting the number of people who can enter stores or special shopping hours for senior citizens only.
- Only 44 of the 161 Biedronka stores in the Warsaw region are not participating in Akcja24, - the network's press office has reported. The office explains that the opening hours have not been extended only in locations which had prior arrangements with housing associations and in cases where the stores are located in shopping malls that have strict opening hours.
Those stores which will not follow the extended opening hours include among others Biedronka at Marywilska 44 (open from 8am to 8pm), at Ogrodowa 58 and at Pańska 98 St. (from 7am to 8pm). 41 stores will work from 6am to 10pm, including the store at Jan Kazimierza 62 Street or on the ground floor of the block in Miasteczko Wilanów at ul. Sejmu Czteroletniego 2.
Opening hours until midnight were also extended by Lidl, and twelve stores in Warsaw are already operating on 24-hour availability. Their addresses are as follows:
- Miasteczko Wilanów at al. Republiki
- Wawer at ul. Pożaryskiego / Żegańska
- ul. Głębocka
- ul. Grochowska 147
- ul. Sosnkowski 2
- ul. Pileckiego 103
- al. Krakowska 253
- ul. Plastic 12
- ul. Kasprowicz 117,
- ul. Bolesławicka 2
- ul. Powstańców Śląskich 72.
All stores will operate on extended opening hours also on Sunday, April 5.
Working hours were also extended by Auchan. The stores are now open from 6.30 AM to 9 PM, and on Sundays from 6.30 AM to 8 PM - Our stores have a large sales area and we have a large number of cash registers, therefore customers can make purchases in safe conditions smoother and faster, - argues Gerard Gallet, CEO of Auchan Retail Polska.
- New opening hours are an additional option for those customers who prefer morning shopping. We also remind you that you can also shop in the afternoon and evening, when we observe a smaller number of customers. - adds Gallet.
Every day, 400 journalists at Gazeta Wyborcza write verified, fact-checked stories about the coronovirus pandemic for you.
They are on the front lines in 25 Polish cities. They work on the ground, reporting from hospitals and airports.
We have decided to open online access to our news stories and special guides focused on the issue of public health, for free.
The access to information should be equal for all.