The situation on the border crossing with Germany is getting better - according to border guards. The situation was influenced by the ordinance of the Ministry of Health. Drivers working in Germany and traveling there for this purpose, do not have to fill in the so-called location card on their way back. This concerns both drivers of passenger cars and of lorries.
- [...] shall not apply when crossing the border of the Republic of Poland as part of performing professional activities in a neighboring country by a person performing professional activities in that country, including being a driver servicing a road vehicle. In view of the above, it is not necessary to apply the provision on information obligation, which involves the fulfillment of the so-called location card - informs the Ministry of Health in a message sent to the Border Guard on Wednesday around midnight.
According to information from the Nadodrzański Branch of the Border Guard, currently ( at 7 o'clock ) the estimated waiting time for crossing the border is:
- Jędrzychowice - 6 hours
- Zgorzelec - up to date
- Świecko - 6 hours (heavy goods), 1 hour (personal)
- Kostrzyn nad Odrą - 4 hours
- Słubice - 2.5 hours
- Olszyna - 15 hours
- Gubin - 10 hours
- Kołbaskowo - 4 hours (as of 18.03.2020 at 20),
- Krajnik Dolny - 1.5 hours (as of 18.03.2020 at 20).
Border crossings with the Czech Republic: Lubawka, Kudowa Słone, Jakuszyce - on a regular basis
Did the traffic jams really get smaller? As reported by "Wyborcza" in Wrocław , in Jędrzychowice at 7 am passengers who wanted to return to the country due to the coronavirus epidemic were stopped by the traffic in Budziszyn, Germany.
Coronavirus. Over 31 thousand people
The border guards are controlling the borders crossing points from Monday March 9th. It is important to remember to have an official identification document. Passengers of the checked vehicles have their temperature measured and have to fill in the so-called location card. People with fever, symptoms of illness, and returning from areas where a high number of coronavirus infection occurs are sent to hospitals.
So far, 22,568 vehicles (buses, vans, buses) have been inspected, with 86212 people traveling .
On Wednesday, the border guards checked another 31085 people who were traveling in 16362 vehicles - data for 7:30am.
Check-ups took place at the border crossings in: Kostrzyn, Słubice, Świecko, Olszyna, Gubin, Zgorzelec, Jędrzychowice, Zawidów, Jakuszyce, Tłumaczów, Kudów, Boboszów and Lubawka.
Every day, 400 journalists at Gazeta Wyborcza write verified, fact-checked stories about the coronovirus pandemic for you.
They are on the front lines in 25 Polish cities. They work on the ground, reporting from hospitals and airports.
We have decided to open online access to our news stories and special guides focused on the issue of public health, for free.
The access to information should be equal for all.
Wybierz prenumeratę, by czytać to, co Cię ciekawi
Wyborcza.pl to zawsze sprawdzone informacje, szczere wywiady, zaskakujące reportaże i porady ekspertów w sprawach, którymi żyjemy na co dzień. Do tego magazyny o książkach, historii i teksty z mediów europejskich. Zrezygnować możesz w każdej chwili.